This weekend was really busy. I will break it down into the two days for you.
Saturday
I woke up at 5:30am and headed to McDonalds for some breakfast while I studied for my test. I do this every test day so I can make sure I am awake, had some breakfast and happy with my notes. Class doesnt start til 9:00am so I normally stay at McDonalds until 7:30am and head to class. On my way to class I stopped and got coffee at Caribou Coffee (Starbucks equivalent) because I hadn't treated myself to some coffee in awhile. I like the specialty stuff so it costs $4.00 for one. Try not to do that too often.
Class went well and I think I did well on the test. You have to love my teacher though, she just has the personality that likes to go on tangents not related to class at all. We will end up talking about nonsense for at least 30 minutes of a 3 hour class each week. Makes the class a little more enjoyable having a fun teacher. This week we talked about how sub prime mortgages destroyed the economy.
After class I headed over to Chad's place and picked him up. We were going to do some shopping and look at some glasses frames for me. We were both hungry so we stopped for some Chipotle. Many people won't know the place unless you are from Minnesota but it is just the best place in the world. (Visit Chipotle.com for a rundown) Found a pair of glasses I think I will like. Going to get my prescription from my eye doctor on Monday and get them order. After looking at some frames we did some grocery shopping and stopped at a few other places that Chad needed things from. By the time we were done and I got home it was about 5:30pm. I heated up the last of my spaghetti for dinner and was going to watch some movies and.......the phone rang.
It was my friend Josh. We have known each other since I moved to Minnesota and although we are complete opposites we get along great and always have a fun time together. His girlfriend was in Florida with her family and he wanted me to come over and watch some Hockey with him and some other friends. Normally I would rather chew on rusty nails then subject myself to the torture of a sporting event but since it had been a few months since I last hung out with him I said I would come over. Little did I know that he was really trying to make me bleed. Not only was there one hockey game but TWO. First the Gophers college game and then the Wild. It is a good thing there is always beer around his place or there would have been hell to pay. It was nice to get out and see people and I had a good time. Got home at about 12:30am (Sunday morning) and I realized I had to do laundry before tomorrow because I was going to be out all day on Sunday and needed some clothes for Monday. So I was up until about 2:00am doing laundry and since I had to wait in between loads I also just cleaned my apartment a bit. I am so glad to have my own washer and dryer in my apartment. Makes the late night laundry much more doable.
Sunday
Ah Easter and yet another weekend that I DON'T GET TO SLEEP IN! Got up at around 8:00am since church started at 9:30am and we wanted to be there around 9:00 to get a good seat. While I was getting dressed I watched some Thriller (click on the name if you don't know what I am talking about).
Chad picked me up for church and we met his parents and his niece and nephew Kyra and Daniel. After church we went back to his parents place for a easter egg hunting with the kids and lunch. Chad's brother and sister (Phil and Paula) and their spouses (Meghan and Sean) met us there along with their kids. Sean's aunt and uncle also came by (Peter and Jane). Chad's parents made some great food as always and I settled down for a nap after I filled myself. Chad said I slept for a few hours on the couch while the kids were running around like crazed midgets on a sugar high. I must have needed the rest because I didn't wake up until they started to play with my toes. After I was awoke we played some games and people took off.
Peter was performing in a play tonight at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis called Jane Eyre. He had some comp tickets so me, Chad and Paula got ready to go to that. The Guthrie just got rebuilt and was an awesome building (check in out at www.guthrietheater.org). The show was great. It ended the way I wanted it too. I knew nothing of the play going in but I knew how I wanted it to end by intermission. I wont ruin it for anyone that would possibly go to it. Afterwards Peter took us backstage and into the actors areas to see how it all works. It was very cool to see the behind the scenes areas and Peter knew quite a bit about the building so we got a little history as well. Through friends I have been able to be pretty plugged into the theater world of Minnesota so I have got to see a lot of great performances. I might try to come up with a list sometime but there are several.
And that pretty much wraps up the weekend. It was time well spent with people I enjoy so I call it a win. Chad's family are great people and I appreciate all that they do for me. And with that said I am headed to sleep.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment