I didn't get a chance to update over the week and not much happened anyway so this will cover it all.
This week was pretty busy at work for some random reason. Everything just seemed to want to break. I had to renew my tabs and get a new drivers license (I didn't have time last weekend to get it done) so I went to to the DMV over my lunch on Tuesday. Not too many people were there since I take my lunch at 2:00pm so I was able to get everything done and still have time to eat lunch. On Wednesday evening I got my eyes checked and got my new glasses ordered. They should be in this coming week. I really like the new frames and will try to post some pictures when I get them. Also some good news from my eye checkup, I have 20/15 vision. So I have better eyesight than the average.
On Friday I had my first meeting for my new lead role I am taking on. It was pretty much just a rundown meeting so now all the research and work starts. Hopefully this coming week is a little calmer so I have some spare time for project work. Friday night I worked on some homework I thought was due Saturday morning. I found out later that night when I was checking my school email that it wasn't due for another week, so I was a little pissed that I had wasted a Friday night doing something I didn't need to do. Oh well, now I have this coming Friday to do something
Saturday was pretty busy as well. I woke up for class as usual and when that was done I headed over to my friend Mike's house (the same person that was at the battleshack LAN with me). He was hosting a Halo 3 tournament (for those that don't know, Halo 3 is a Xbox 360 game). I despise console gaming but I never pass up some time with friends so I went over and played for a few hours. I couldn't stay the whole night because I had a concert to go to later. The Twin Cities Gay Mens Chorus had a concert going over the weekend and I like to attend when I can. It is good music and serves a purpose. They use the concert hall at the University of Minnesota's Minneapolis campus. Chad picked me up for the concert and we drove over to his parent's place to pick them up. The four of us headed out for dinner at Bakers Square for some food and conversation. It has been some great weather in Minnesota lately so we found some free on street parking and had a nice walk up to the concert hall.
The Concert was really well done, as always. The chorus always has a theme to their music and a message to deliver. This one was on Meth additions and it effect. It was very powerful and a great time. The local broadcasting company was there to record it to be replayed on television and it is also going to be used as a learning piece for high schools and colleges nation wide to teach them about drug/meth addictions. Check out their website for information if you are interested, http://www.tcgmc.org
Sunday was my only day to get some errands and choirs done so I started early. Chad called at around 10:00am and wanted to do brunch and The Machine Shed. Basically it is a restaurant that is designed with antique farm equipment and they have the best brunch buffet ever. On my way to meet him he told me to come to Wal-Mart for a surprise. He bought me a early birthday present of a 16 gallon aquarium. I had been tossing around the idea of getting a small 5 gallon tank for awhile, just to have something in my apartment. But this one was ALOT bigger than I was thinking of getting and a little more pricey than I would have spent. But I loved it. The costs of a tank and accessories were more than I wanted to spend since I had just paid for a cruise, a new computer and monitor, a new camera, and probably a few other things I can't think of, within the last few months. The setup he got me was great because it came with almost everything needed (tank, water treatment, net, heater, thermometer, a good filter, light, etc). The only things I needed to get was the rock and plantlife I wanted and the fish.
After I got to Wal-Mart and got the tank we went to a speedy brunch and took off to hit some pet stores for the rest of the goodies. Chad had also just recently treated himself to a 28 gallon fish tank and he was on the hunt for some fish. We went to a great fish only store that I got a few things I needed and Chad got some fish to start his tank off. When first setting up a tank you need to let the tank run through a Nitrogen Cycle before introducing fish into the environment. We are both going to do tropical fresh water fish and most of them cannot take the shock of a new tank so with the advise of one of the employees Chad bought some hearty fish that deal well with new tank situations to get the water ready for other fish down the road. It takes about 3 weeks to complete a Nitrogen Cycle so the few fish will be the only ones for awhile. He also bought a few extra for me so I can get them in my tank as soon as it is setup. For now they will live in his tank and I will take them sometime this week. There were a few other things I could get cheaper at Pet Smart so we made one last stop there where I bought some plant life for the tank and an auto feeder for when I am on vacation. Chad had to book after that because he was going to a musical with his parents.
I finished my errands and came home to setup the tank. It looks really nice and I will get some pictures once the water settles. The rest of my night was cleaning and paying bills. Now that is all done so I am going to relax down for some dinner and a night of television.
Love to all!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment