Monday, March 9, 2009

More Good Times

Ah the wonderful presence of Monday is back and to add to the joy of going back to work we lost an hour over the weekend. This is a screwing I do not enjoy. Oh well...to make thing a little better I am on spring break this week!

Alex and I had our engagement party on Friday, it was great! We had a wonderful dinner beforehand and enough deserts to give a small army cavities. :) We had brownies, fudge, cookies, bundt cake, "That" cake, etc. I got to meet more of Alex's family which again was wonderful, everyone in his life is so great. We had both brought our cameras out but ended up getting so sidetracked with guests that we didn't take any pictures. Luckily my friend Eric came and he went snap happy on every situation so as soon as I get those from him I will be sure to share. Alex's mom, my brother Chris and Alex all made speeches, each one brought tears to my eyes. I wanted to talk but I knew I would have been completely in tears, I cry a lot when I am happy :) We had a wonderful time though and it was great to share our happiness with everyone. Alex made a comment that it has been so wonderful that everyone we tell about our engagement is truly excited for us. There has been no awkwardness about two men wanting to be married, everyone wants to know the details and share our happiness. This is a very special feeling for us.

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxed. We had a birthday party for Jonah, he is on of Alex's best friend's son, who was just turning one. He is such a cute kid but he was probably the only kid I know that didn't completely destroy his cake when it was put in front of him. Alex got really excited that he was going to make a big mess and then he just ended up barely putting his fingers in it. He wouldn't eat it unless someone fed him lol. It was still very cute. To make the weekend exciting we bought an accordion binder to start the filing system for wedding planning. We are both excited for this because it is making things more real :) We also got a file box to start putting cards and memorabilia from out engagement up to our wedding so we can look back on it. 

I have to get some work done now so check back later for more!

No comments: