Monday, March 30, 2009

Process Has Started

Alex and I had a meeting with his Rabbi on Sunday and I am officially starting my conversion to Judaism! I am very excited for this for many reasons but I feel it will be a great path for my life to follow. For now I will be doing a lot of independent study and research and meeting with Rabbi Shavit-Lontstein occasionally so he can help guide me. Then in November there will be an Intro to Judaism class that both Alex and I will have to take. The class is mostly for me but Alex will need to be there since there is a wedding in the future and he is going to be my pillar through the process and needs to know I am being taught. The whole conversion normally takes about a year but it also depends on when the Rabbi feels you are ready.

The Rabbi is a great guy, he has a great sense of humor and is very easy to talk to which adds to my excitement. I have to down my lunch quick and get back to work. I will post more as things continue!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so happy it went well! I was thinking about it along the way to Oklahoma. I'm so excited for you and Alex. :)