Monday, May 4, 2009

What a Weekend!

No time to even think, this past weekend was packed and the rest of May seems to be just as busy.

For starters I finished my Marketing class with my Final this past Thursday. I am so glad to be done with the class, I really did not care for the teacher at all. On Friday my new glasses came in which I really like. Stay tuned for a picture as soon as I have time for someone to take one. :) Also my house will be going on the market this week. I am really looking forward to it as I need to get out of the area that I am in and Alex and I really want to get our lives started together by purchasing a place.

Getting right into the weekend Aunt Peggy, Missy, Tom, Aunt Cathy, Linda, Alex and I all went to the Festival of Nations in Saint Paul on Saturday. It is a festival of all sorts of nationalities filled with shopping, food and dancing. We had a really good time and some great food. Lemon Cookies were a hit! After that we had to take the night easy because we were all waking up to go to the Metrodome at 5:00am!

Yes everyone knows that I am not a sports fan so I was not going for the game. In fact Alex and I fell asleep during the game lol, but I will get to that in a minute. Alex collects bobble heads and there was a giveaway at the Metrodome for Kerby Puckett bobble heads to the first 10,000 people. So...Aunt Peggy, Missy, Tom, Alex and I all got up at 5:00am with chairs, games and snacks and sat in line for 5 hours until the doors opened at 11:00am. We all got a bobble head and stayed for a little bit of the game but we were all exhausted so we left early for a nap. Many people may be asking, "What is Chad going to do with a baseball player bobble head?" Good question, as luck would have it for Alex his base broke when he was displaying his so he got mine. Good thing I went!!!

After our little nap we had to head out to a birthday party for one of Alex's friend's daughters. It was a nice party with a good spread and good people. We even got to ask two more of Alex's attendants to be in our wedding. Of course they said yes. That puts Alex with one more to ask and me with three. Alex and I were still dead tired so we left right after dinner and presents. We got her the cutest bathrobe you have ever seen! And that pretty much spent the weekend, we had no sit time at all really.

This coming weekend is Alex's birthday so we are doing dinner at moms on Friday. Saturday we are going out to lunch with his mom, doing a little shopping at Specially Yours and then I am taking him out to Saji Ya for some Teppanyakki. I have never been but Alex loves it and I am sure I will too. Come Sunday it is Mothers Day so we have a little get together for most of the afternoon and that weekend is spent too!

Be sure to check out the wedding site often! http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/AlexLocke&ChadHewitt

No comments: