Monday, April 27, 2009

A Sappy Post

Alex would call this a Sappy Post but as I sit on my extremely long lunch with nothing to do I reflect on my life and want to share it. I am bad at putting all my thoughts into a cohesive form so this will be scattered.

Even though our lives are filled with chaos I find so much comfort reflecting back on the wonderful things in my life. Since I have met Alex, my life has been centered and focused, I see so much light and happiness in our future. Lately we have been talking about the wedding and going down to Iowa to have an official ceremony there at the courthouse so we can at least be legal in one state. It is amazing to me that we connect and agree on so many levels. Since we agree on practically everything I often rethink my decisions to make sure I am making my mind and not somehow reading into what he would want and doing it just for him. It makes me so happy that during those reflections I find that they are my decisions and things truly are wonderful between us that we connect so well. I have no doubts about the path my life is on.

During the day I cannot wait to be able to talk to him and hear about his day. He makes me smile and laugh with every contact I have with him whether it is email, phone or person. We mostly see each other on weekends and a few times during the week lately, but when the end of day on Friday approaches my heart flutters just knowing that I have the weekend to spend with the man I love and want to spend the rest of my life with. On the opposite end of that I sometimes get sad during my day when I know I wont see him when I go home (We are working on the living conditions but I do have a house to sell first). When we are together I am completely relaxed and able to be myself, there is no fear of not being accepted because I know he loves me for who I am. Just yesterday we spent the day playing some original Nintendo Super Mario Brothers and just laughing and poking fun at each other. Our sense of humor is also a key similarity so we constantly laugh with and at each other.

Apart from all of the humor and comfort we have together Alex is also extremely sweet and caring. So much in fact that I am getting a little teared up writing this. From the wonderful cards I receive on Valentines and my birthday to the little hugs, cuddling and touches I feel like I could not ask for a better person to spend my life with. When we visited Michigan I took him to the place where my mom died and some other places that she lived and visited and needless to say I got emotional and Alex just rubbed my head and comforted me. He made me feel completely at ease. Not only is he wonderful to me but he takes my family into consideration. Alex just recently met my Step-Mother and came up with a wonderful gift idea that is very thoughtful to her condition.I cannot share what it is yet but I will as soon as we give it to her. The Locke family as a whole has also made me feel so welcomed so quickly. There is no hesitation in me when I say that I feel like I have been with them for years and there is nothing I would not do for them. It truly is like a perfect fit.

This is rather short but I tried to crame it into a lunch break and I know I missed several things that I wanted to say but my mind gets cluttered when I am emotional :) Alex completes my life and I am thankful every day for him.

No comments: