Well I am late at posting an update as usual but Alex and I had a wonderful time in Michigan over our long weekend visit. I will attempt to break it up into the days to make it easier to follow.
Friday
My father picked Alex and I up from the airport around 4:00pm on Friday evening. We then went to my dad's house to pick up my step-mother, Angie. After a quick visit we all packed up and headed to The Shack, where Alex and I were staying, and got checked in. The room was absolutely awesome, with one minor problem...the water reeked of sulfur! It was like bathing in rotten eggs. Other than that though the place was wonderful. We had the largest room I think I have even been in with a king bed, hot tub big enough for the both of us to lay next to each other, a fireplace and wonderful scenery all around. The four of us had dinner at The Shack and had some good conversation. I had no doubts that Alex would fit in and everyone would love him as I do but it was very special for me to have my dad and Angie have the bonding time with Alex.
After dinner Alex and I headed over to Jason and Kerry's house for a bonfire and smores. Alex and Kerry had been talking over email for over a month I think by the time that we got there so she was very excited to me him. So excited in fact that she ran to his side of the car when we got there and greeted him with a hug before I even got a hello lol. But again that was a wonderful feeling for me to just see Alex be so accepted by my family. We stayed out by the fire for a couple hours and headed back to our room to get some rest.
Saturday
My Birthday!!! We were up pretty early on Saturday because the light from the sunrise pierced right through our window and into my eyes lol. After we got ready we had some breakfast and went for a walk of the grounds. It was a beautiful morning with plenty of sun so we took the chance to get some good pictures. After our walk we headed into White Cloud for a quick visit with my friend Sara and then we went over to my dads for the day.
After everyone showed up we opened presents that Alex and I had got for my family and I FINALLY got the watch that Alex had bought me a month earlier lol. I love it so much. We then had an Easter Egg hunt for Alex as he had never had one and was very excited when my dad offered to hide some eggs for him. It was very cute watching him swing a basket and search the yard for eggs with my niece Rylee. :) Then we all lounged out in the sun while my dad got the grill ready for some of the best chicken I have ever had, I even got a little sunburn...going bald is a bitch! Alex also shot a rifle and a handgun while we were outside, two firsts for him. After eating we were all very drained so we went inside and had some cake and played Attack Uno with Rylee and said goodnight a little early and went back to The Shack.
Sunday
It was rainy on Sunday so I took Alex around to some places that I grew up and showed him where my mom lived, worked and even took him to the place where she died. It was great to be able to share all of that with him but it also ended up becoming a little emotional. I had not been back to many of those places since my mom passed. I just have to say that I love Alex so much for just being who he is, he just comforted me while I had some tears.
That night we went over to Jason and Kerry's house again and looked through some pictures, had dinner and played Apples to Apples. It is a REALLY fun game that I actually just bought tonight! After that we rushed back to The Shack to have a Banana Split! The Shack gives out banana splits every night to all of the people staying there and they don't skimp out. It was a full on buffet of ice cream and it was wonderful. After that we turned in for the night.
Monday
We got up and packed and rushed to McDonalds to catch some breakfast. Then we went into White Cloud and said goodbye to Jason and Kerry at their work. After that we went to my dads house, he was taking us to the airport, and we just hung out for a couple hours.
The flights were pretty good on the way back. Aunt Peggy picked us up from the airport and treated us to some Olive Garden!
That was out little trip to Michigan, the only injury was Alex scraping his arm on my dads railing! I am happy to announce that is it healing fine. :)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment