Well we are back from Door County but I had a great time and created some wonderful memories. The gang that went consisted of myself, Alex, Aunt Peggy, Aunt Cathy and Linda (one of Aunt Cathy's friends). We rented a cabin/house for the long weekend because it ended up being cheaper for everyone and more convenient because we could all stay together. Well we went in thinking it would be awesome to have this place all to ourselves...and we were wrong. The place was not very well kept. There was food on the floor, spiders and bugs galore, no soap, dirty everything, etc. And to top it off Alex and I slept in the cold ass basement. Now the basement was a blessing and a curse. The curse is that is was a cold, spider infested death trap and the blessing is that since it was cold Alex and I had to cuddle more to keep warm. I love cuddling so even though we had to do it to save our lives...it was nice to cuddle lol.
Because we needed to get some survival supplies that we hadn't counted on we headed over to a Target that was some 30 minutes away and stocked up on toilet paper, soap, citronella candles and bug spray. After all that the vacation could begin! Oh and before I go on I have to mention this...There was a book that previous tenants had wrote in about their stays and vacations, this entry just topped off the cabin experience. "It was a nice place if it wasn't for all the bugs and snakes." SNAKES! Are you kidding me? I am deathly afraid of snakes so of course I didn't step a damn foot outside of the place unless I was going to the car and then I was tormented by Alex and his family making hissing noises and trying to scare me. No thank you to that shit lol.
To start things off we headed into one of the towns that makes up Door County called Fish Creek. It was probably my favorite of the places we stopped. There were lots of cute shops and things to see. We had dinner at a place called Mr. Helsinki's. It was a really nice place but I was not feeling so well so I did not get to enjoy the crape dessert as much as I would have wanted. Alex shared some of his Bananas Foster with me. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meal though. After dinner we went for a little walk to some of the close shops and then headed back to the snake pit for a little scrabble and a chilling night in the dungeon.
When we woke up Friday we all got ready and headed out to breakfast at one of the cute restaurants outside of Fish Creek called Julie's. It was pretty typical breakfast fair. After that we went out for a full packed day of shopping, and when I say packed I mean we tore the places up. I think we all overdosed on the shopping after that day. At least I know Alex and I did. But we were good sports and continued to hit all the places that people wanted to stop. We ended up buying ourselves some cute things as well. When we were done shopping we headed back to the snake pit to relax a little bit and headed out to dinner at a place called the Log Den. That was an experience that started off as frustrating and when you couldn't get any more frustrated you had to laugh at the domino effect of bad events.
The Log Den was actually a very nice looking place and reminded Alex and I of The Shack back in Michigan. Once we got seated we did not see our waitress for about 15-20 minutes and I finally got up and went to talk to the hostess. She apologized and told us that our waitress was new and went to get her. Even after that it took another 5 minutes for us to see her. Without telling the whole night over it went from bad lemons, overcooked food, bugs on plates, orders mixed up, no drink refills and a owner that looked like a bus boy giving us a discount. After dinner we were thinking about going to a fireworks show but decided to stay in. Alex and I had bought some bath supplies that day so we treated ourselves to a bath in the jacuzzi tub. It was one of the best parts of the trip. We had some time to ourselves to just relax and hold each other. I loved it! And then we were shocked back to reality from the ice chamber that I bed was in.
We all started Saturday with a trip to a Swedish (I think) breakfast place that had goats grazing on the roof...yes goats were on the roof of the building hanging out and eating. It was quite a site I assure you, I will get the pictures on Facebook soon. The food was really good and the service was outstanding. We got our food faster than we thought possible. Although we might have been in shock because we were recovering from the terrible service the night before. But we loved it. This day was filled with more shopping and a little more of a scenic overlook. There were not many shops that we hadn't done the day before and we ended up going to the tip of the peninsula that Door County is on. The beach and waterfronts were amazing. I loved being able to spend time with Alex in such a beautiful place.
That night we went to dinner in Sturgeon Bay and got on our boat cruise to watch the fireworks. Everyone had a wonderful time on the boat cruise. We were all laughing and enjoying ourselves. When the fireworks started Alex and I just held each other while we stood by the boat railing. I have never felt so close to someone in my life. It was wonderful to be able to share that experience with him. After the fireworks we all crashed as the vacation was over and we were heading back the next day.
In the morning we packed up, cleaned up the mess we had made and left the existing mess for the owners. Then we headed out for a little bite to eat and took off to come home. We got home with a little night to spare so Alex, AP and I all watched a movie and went to bed early, thankful that we had a large comfy bed to rest in.
That is my trip in a nutshell! I want another vacation now please. Check back later!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment