Ah another Pride Weekend has come and gone. With it passes all the drama and drag queens, people too butch or too queeny, protesters that hate us and people that are a little too proud. I have never been really into doing all the Pride activities but I do enjoy just going downtown to see the parade and take a walk around the park. This year was great because it was not only a beautiful day but I got to spend it with Alex. We both ended up thanking god that we both found each other and we are so similar. There were some over the top people there. You hate to use the word freaks and "normal" but damn, I am glad to have a normal gay man to love because I just could not do the high heels and leather pants look in a lover lol.
We headed to the park early so we missed some of the parade but we got to see the park before it was too crowded. We did not want to waste the whole day there but it was way to nice out to not spend some time outside. We ended up leaving just as the parade was winding down and we still walked all around the park. The parade must have been close to 3 hours. I am glad we didn't do the whole thing because we would have been out almost the whole day.
To wrap up the night we watched A Chorus Line and RENT. RENT was the Broadway musicals last performance that was recorded. I had never seen it but it was amazing. It truly makes you appreciate the love you have in your life for everything they are and every moment you have with them. Not that I didn't already but it was very powerful.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment