Friday, June 19, 2009

Time to Celebrate!

Well yesterday started out to be a very stressful day. The lay off stick was being tossed around Medtronic all day and the tension could have been cut with a knife. Although there was impact around me I am happy to say that I still have my job. But wait!!! That was only the beginning of the great news that ended up filling the day!

The biggest news of the night was that the board at Temple of Aaron voted last night and Alex and I will be able to have our commitment ceremony there on 10/10/10! Now the voting was not just for Alex and I, it was a voting for all same sex couples to have commitment ceremonies at Temple of Aaron. So this is not just great news for Alex and I, it is a wonderful step for other couples to have a ceremony that they have always dreamed of. To celebrate this we will be going out to the Melting Pot on Saturday for a nice dinner. Alex works quick. We got the news, notified some people, worked on our Save the Dates and he was on the phone with the Melting Pot looking for a reservation. :)

For some other good news my BFF Sara had surgery yesterday and she came out fine and is now home recovering. I got to talk to her just after her surgery and again last night and she seems to be doing well.

My niece Rylee was also crowned Penny Princess yesterday. So she will be in a parade on Saturday strutting her stuff and boasting a crown. Alex and I raised some money for her in Minnesota to help with the race. From what I hear she was a little shy to go get her crown so they had to crown her in the audience. How cute is she! :)

There is so much more but I would rant forever trying to get it all. We are sending our Save the Dates soon and we are pretty sure we have our Caterer, Photographer and Videographer all set. Be sure to check the wedding website for details as we now have a lot to post about.

No comments: