Friday, October 30, 2009

My Top 10 Scary Movies

So in the interest of Halloween, and the fact that I get pretty scared by things that other people would find stupid, I decided to write up my top 10 scary movies.

1. The Grudge - Ok little Chinese people crawling around in jumped frames killing people absolutely freaks me out. I will never watch this movie again.

2. The Ring - Now we have a little white girl crawling out of TVs in jumped frames...yep not watching this one again either.

3. The Blair Witch Project - Ok this one is pretty lame but it also goes to the time that I was watching it. I watched it right when it came out while home alone in my dads basement when he lived in the woods and there were creaks and noises everywhere from the damn cats. It had great suspense. I will not watch this one again but not because it would be scary now...because it is pretty lame. But it scared me at the time.

4. The Exorcist - It may be the cliche of horror movies as it lacks suspense in my opinion but for it's time the movie was gold. It is also one that you can watch several times.

5. Rawhead Rex - Not many people have probably heard of this movie. It is based in Ireland and is about nasty looking demon that gets released and terrorizes the damn place. It is about 10 feet tall of ugly and kills people by biting their necks. Again it is lame but I watched this growing up so it was freaky. And it was made by Clive Barker who is known for his scary shit.

6. The Shining - I did not see this until later in life so I could take it a little better but it is still a classic of horror films. It is probably one of the only Stephen King works that went to movie that I liked. He writes great books but I hate his movies.

7. Mirrors - Pretty creepy movie about ghosts using mirrors. It makes you look over your shoulder if there are mirrors in the room

8. Darkness Falls - The movie itself is pretty lame. It is about the toothfairy killing people that see her when she puts money under your pillow. If you dont see her you are safe. Anyway what I liked about this movie is that they never fully show you the toothfairy until the end of the movie. So you are left in suspense and guessing what will happen

9. Amityville Horror - Another classic horror. They redid it but the original does more justice

10. IT - I hate clowns so this at least gets a spot but it is also about the time that I watched it. I was young.

As you can see I like the super natural thrillers, not the blood and guts movies. There are some good ones I missed but that is probably because I haven't seen them or I qualify them as Sci-Fi and not Horror. Movies like Poltergeist and Aliens are some of those. Paranormal Activity just came out and looks scary as hell so that one will probably rank up if I get to see it.

No comments: