Friday, December 4, 2009

Exciting Things

I am going to get more ridiculed for posting such an overdue update than I would if I didn't post anything. But as always life gets hectic and I have absolutely no time during work to do any updates. I am sneaking some time in right now though because I felt inspired. I am just going to jot down some things that have been exciting for me recently.

Gmail
Yeah, I am maybe a little behind on the times but I was using Comcast and then Hotmail and never took the time to shop around. So even though I changed my email address within the past year I chose to do it again to Gmail. It is such a better system with tons of goodies and gadgets. Best of all it is reliable. Alex was missing tons of emails with Hotmail and we have no concerns since moving our accounts over. Gmail even made it really easy to change by importing email and contacts from Hotmail...Yeah Google! Also when I get a new phone I will get one that synchronizes all data with my Google account so I can use their calendar and contacts to keep everything mobile. Techy, but I am excited!

Cruises
The next cruise is creeping around the corner. Alex found some cruise shows on the Travel channel and we wasted our Thanksgiving weekend torturing ourselves by watching them. As soon as I got to a computer I looked up our cruise ship and did a 360 degree tour of it! After doing the tour of the ship I went through our shore excursions and did a Google Earth look-up of the places so I could see them. This isn't healthy lol. It is officially close enough to be gitty. February will be the best vacation of my life.

Happy Feet
These are far and beyond better than anything anyone has ever put on their feet and to top off the extreme comfort of these slippers...they are cute as hell! They make you look like you have cartoon shoes on. I love them. Since I am ranting before many people will know what they are please click the link here to see them. Alex just bought me a pair as an "I love you" present. I tried his on a couple weeks ago and loved them. Everyone should go buy a pair I have decided.

Extra Vacation
I found out that I get an extra personal day for the next calendar year so that is awesome news with the cruise and wedding coming up so soon.

Conversion
The Judaism classes have started and are going well. The Rabbi said he is happy with everything I am doing so it is looking like March or April I will be officially Jewish. I am very excited for this so look forward to some updates as that comes closer. After the class is finished I have to meet with a small panel of people and answer some questions and then do the Mikvah. Not much left at all!

Anniversary
Alex and I are coming up on our one year anniversary and we have a very special day planned for it. We came up with the idea of doing our "Perfect Day". Now that being said if we have an unlimited spending limit I am sure we would be in Aruba but this is what we can afford in these economic times. :) The day is going to be schedule as shown below.

- Breakfast at McDonalds. (I love those sandwiches. Always have and always will.)
- Open Time (Still deciding on, possibly an indoor garden)
- Lunch (At Cecil's or David Fong's)
- Massages at 1:00
- Check into a jacuzzi suite
- Dinner at Fogo De Chao (I promise to not get the meat sweats this time)
- Back to the hotel for jacuzzi, wine and strawberry's
- Wake up the next morning and get back in the jacuzzi until we get kicked out

So that will be our perfect day of time together and doing the things we love with the person we love. :)

I am sure there are things that I am happy or excited about but they are being blocked out by the pile of work that has formed while I wrote this. :) Time to get back to it!

No comments: