Monday, January 26, 2009

Good Weekend

This past weekend was amazing. I had a great time.

Friday evening me and Alex went over to his mothers apartment for dinner. This was my first time meeting her and she was wonderful. I was early as I usually am, beat Alex by 10-15 minutes. When I arrived there Missy and Tom (Alex's sister and her husband) had just arrived so I followed them up. Right when I got through I door I was greeted with several big hugs and the greatest warm feeling. It felt really good and she is an amazing cook as well. We had sirloin, some excellent rice, broccoli and a very tasty salad. After dinner we looked through some pictures of Alex and Missy growing up. I love looking through pictures so this was very special for me. After we left his moms we headed back to my place for the night. We had a wonderfully romantic night of soft music and time together. It was perfect. He got me a cute frog holding a heart, we named him Dominic The Love Frog :)

The next morning me, Alex and my brother Chris met Chad for breakfast. After that we headed back to my place and played some Wii bowling. I completely sucked at it. I haven't been playing games much at all lately. We then took Chris out to see some of the Winter Carnival activities. The ice sculptures were impossible to get to since Saint Paul was being blocked off for a parade so we headed over to the State Fair grounds and saw people doing snow sculptures. Some of them were amazing. I cant even imagine trying to make one. Since Alex's cousin had flew in for the weekend his family made plans to go out for dinner that night and ended up eating at The Cheesecake Factory. I had the Teriyaki Chicken which was amazing and extremely filling. Nobody had any room for cheesecake. I spent that night at Alex's place since we had brunch plans in the morning at his sister’s place. It was again a wonderful night. All the time I spend with Alex is amazing, makes me so happy.

In the morning we headed to brunch at Missy's place. She and Tom have a very nice home. They just bought it in September. We had noodle pudding, bagels and "Bananas and Goop". Everything was terrific and I again found myself too full for the desert his mom had made :( But I got to spend lots of time around Alex's family and get to know them all. I am happy to say that they all seem to 

love me :) We watched part of Missy and Tom's wedding video after brunch and I got to see a video of Alex when he was 3 years old screaming when someone touched his birthday presents lol. It was priceless!

After that I needed to get going because of a birthday party for Morgan (Chad's niece). It was way to crazy over there. 11 kids dressed in princess costumes and running around like crack addicts on a high. I left shortly after Morgan opened the presents and went home to catch an early night’s sleep.

Those are the updates on my life. Check back later!

No comments: