Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Monday

I just started a new shift today at work so I am coming in a little later. I think I am going to like the extra sleep in the mornings. But lets roll back to the things people want to hear about. My awesome weekend!

First off I love Valentines Day. Even though it is a made up holiday for company's to suck money out of us, I will take any opportunity to be romantic. Lucky for me Alex is the same way! On Friday I had flowers delivered to Alex at his work. I wanted to ship them to his house on Valentines Day but not knowing the delivery schedule I decided to play it safe since I knew he would be at work all day. That evening I headed over to Alex's as we had dinner plans with his friends Alli and Nani, their husbands and kids. Through an unfortunate turn in events Alex had learned what I got him for Valentines the week before so I gave him his new Flat Panel monitor that night. Basically we were shopping at Circuit City with his Aunt Peggy since they are going out out business and she made a comment that Alex should look at monitors. Well I had already bought him one because I knew he wanted to get rid of his old one. They both looked at me and since I am STUPID!!! I went blank faced and Alex knew right away that I had bought one. So I need to work on my reactions a bit I guess. Anyway, he got his present and loved it! Alex had also got me a present but was being very sneaky about what it was. All I knew at this point was that it was something that needed to be shipped from overseas and there was a problem with the shipping and it might not arrive on time. More about that later. We went to dinner at P.F. Changs and had a great time. I love getting to know all of Alex's friends and family. We both had Mongolian Beef which was excellent but Alex was a little smarter than me... He did not eat the onions in his and I devoured it all which basically made me a putrid walking onion all night and most of the next morning. Lesson learned, when you want a romantic weekend...DON'T EAT ONIONS! We finished the night with some cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Note...I love Kahlua and Cream!

Valentines morning finally! The gift Alex got me still had not arrived which he was not happy about but he decided to show me a picture of it. He had a Mezuzah hand made in Israel for me (for those readers that do not know what a Mezuzah is click the link on the word). This is a wonderful gift as I have been looking into and learning about Judaism! It is also special since it is purple which has been deemed "our" color. Hopefully it will arrive in the next few days. The other special surprise was flowers delivered to his place for me. I think we got some Friday the 13th bad luck because they sent the wrong flowers! He ordered Purple Iris's and a dozen roses, the picture looked amazing, but they just delivered the roses. So again Alex was not very happy but when he called they said they were out of iris's. I still loved them and wasn't expecting flowers so they were wonderful. We checked into the hotel a little early and everything exceeded our expectations. When we checked in we received an envelope with a "Romance Package" which included a bottle of champagne for the evening and breakfast for two in the morning! I reserved a King Spa Room and when we got up to the room it was perfect. Nice big tub, clean room, nice location, everything was great. We headed out to an early dinner reservation at Fogo de Chao with Missy and Tom and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Not only was the food simply amazing the service was the best I think I have ever seen and I have been a several cruises where they live to serve. I don't even think I could describe Fogo to any justice but the atmosphere, food and company made it a wonderful dinner. We finished way before we thought and Alex had a great idea to get some chocolate covered strawberries since he had brought his favorite wine, Moscoto di Asti, for the romantic hot tub evening we had planned. So when we got to the hotel we had hot tub, wine, strawberries and the most wonderful evening I have ever had. 

We had arranged for a 2:00 checkout so we could get the most out of the room so we woke up and went right back in the hot tub, went down and had our free breakfast and then back in the hot tub! We soaked everything we could out of the weekend. The breakfast was great too, it wasn't just a buffet they had a cook making omelets, waffles, french toast, etc. Really a great thing to get for free. That put a close on the great weekend, we went back to his place and watched some TV. The Amazing Race just started a new season so we watched that. I think it will be a show I will keep watching! I have been looking for some good TV lately and really enjoyed it.

I know I have probably missed something in there but there were so many wonderful things. It was a weekend I will never forget as I spent it with the person that means the most to me. 

No comments: