I am sitting in Dunn Bros Coffee House waiting for my Marketing class group to meet me so we can work on our marketing project and thought I would toss out an update.
I had my first marketing test on Thursday night. It was a little more difficult than I was expecting but I think I did OK. The first tests are always harder because you didn't know the professors style for them. A couple class mates emailed me the next day and said they had a hard time on it. Next time we will have a better idea of what will be on it. After the test on Thursday I headed over to Alex's to stay the evening and night with him since he was leaving for his cruise on Friday night. I was very happy he asked me to come over. We have grown so close so fast that it is a little hard not being able to talk to him like we normally do on a daily basis. We normally only see each other on weekends, although I cant wait until we get time during the week too, so the seeing part isn't as hard. But we had a good night watching TV and had some alone time. Being the sappy romantic that I am I wrote him a letter and printed a picture of us and slipped it into his luggage for a little surprise when he found it.
Friday was a pretty slow day at work so not much to report there. It did, however, start to snow just before I was going to leave for the day which made me a little worried because I was going to be driving Alex and his Aunt to the airport and we had just enough time without the bad weather playing into effect. I made it there right at the scheduled time and luckily they new some back ways to the airport because the main highways were a mess. I will never understand how people in a cold ass state like MN have a hard time driving in the snow. After I dropped them off I headed over to Rena's for the usual Friday night dinner with Alex's family. This time it was just me, Rena, Missy and Tom. We had Lamb, corn fritters and salad, everything she makes it just wonderful. I miss all the home cooking from when I lived with my mom and she was very happy that I came over even though Alex was away. I love his family so much, and am so happy to be so welcomed with them. After dinner we had some WONDERFUL brownies. They are Alex's favorite so I tried to not rub it in that I got them...he could easily rub in the fact that he is on a cruise back at me! lol After dinner we talked for hours about all sorts of things. It was wonderful to spend the time with them. They really are a fantastic family to be a part of. I didn't even end up getting home until 11:00! Alex's flight was delayed because of the weather which was no surprise so he didn't end up landing in Florida until almost 1:00am Eastern, midnight for me. I stayed up because I wanted to know that he made it there safely. After he called me I headed to bed.
Saturday I had plans to hang out with my friend Eric for the day. Alex called me again a couple hours before he was going to board the boat so we got to talk before he left which was really nice. After that I got ready and headed over to Eric's. Me, Eric and his wife Kate went out to lunch at Casseta's in Saint Paul. Really good Italian place. After that we went back to his place and watched some TV. By brother Chris came over after he got out of work which was nice because he hasn't been getting out much. Then a few more people stopped by and we played some Rock Band and watched a movie. It was a nice evening and Chris had fun too.
Alex sent me an email today about the cruise. I wont tell anything because I am sure his blog will be filled with the events when he returns. :) I miss him lots and can't wait for him to get back!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment