Monday, June 1, 2009

Giddy Up!

Horse races are pretty fun! This past weekend my brother Chris and I joined Alex's family for a trip to Canterbury Park to watch, and bet, on the horse races. I must say I had a pretty good time, much better than a baseball game :) We sat inside at a reserved table right at the finish line. I am not normally someone to get into sporting events of any kinds but I found myself getting excited about my horse I bet on and a little pissy when they didn't place lol. With all my bets I still only lost $2 not including food and drinks. Not bad for a day of fun!

Alex had to give me the rundown of how everything works and how to bet. I would definitely go back sometime. While we where there we saw that every Thursday is cheap food, drinks, etc so we will probably plan a Thursday night to do it again. I love all the new things that I have got to experience with Alex. And coming up this Sunday we get to see...PHANTOM! I am super excited for this. I have wanted to see it for a long time now. We are going with his Aunt Cathy so it should be a good night. Alex has never seen it either so it will likely be one of the rare times that neither of us have seen a show we are going to :)

Will write more later!

No comments: