Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thinking About Weddings

There are so many exciting things to think about when it comes to planning a wedding. This month we should know for sure where we can have the ceremony and from there everything else opens up! Cake, food, flowers, decorations, invitations, music...the list just goes on. What is wonderful about the process so far is that Alex and I have very similar tastes so we haven't ran into anything that we have had to settle on. I will not post anything we have decided on here but everyone is welcome to check the wedding website to get updates!

Coming up in the fall we are still talking about taking a trip to Iowa to be married so we can at least be official in one state. Hopefully Minnesota will follow suit and allow us to be married here. But for now we will continue with our commitment ceremony and I promise it will be one to remember. It is wonderful to have found that person that wants to bind their life to yours and that you want to be with forever.

I really want our love and commitment to be as sealed and official as it can be. Part of that will be me changing my last name to Locke as the ceremony approaches. I brought it up to Alex since again it is part of what would be a normal wedding and I want us to be equal on all those terms. We are both excited, maybe me a little bit more. What I have found wonderful is that throughout all my analyzing I have no doubts. This is something I want to do for myself and for us, it is the right thing to do in my mind. I will most likely be changing my name before the end of this year for a couple reasons. One is that I want it changed when we do the marriage in Iowa. That will be an official wedding and I want it done for that. The other part is that we have some cruises and trips planned that all my travel documents, passport, license, etc will need to be matching on names so I want all of that just done and out of the way. I will keep people posted as things progress.

Well that is all for now, time to work again!

No comments: